Founded in 2014, with offices in Munich and London, Scalable Capital Group is a young financial technology startup with excellent funding by prominent VCs. Our aim is to shake up and revolutionise the traditional investment management industry and make first-class investing accessible to everyone. Our management team combines deep capital markets experience, e-commerce know-how, and decades of academic research into financial markets. Our service is unique and we apply an intelligent and technology-driven approach to invest our clients' money and monitor their risk exposure.
We assembled a team of highly qualified people that are fun to work with in order to challenge traditional players as well as first-wave "robo-advisors". To find out more, please visit our careers page.
Please send your application to:
Please include the following information
- Your CV, resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile.
- Your full name and current residence.
As a Product Owner at Scalable Capital you are at the sharp end of product design, development and management of the client facing platforms for our robo-advisor. Your responsibility is to define and design new features for the web and mobile platforms (iOS and Android). Furthermore you will work on constantly improving our digital onboarding flow.
Opportunities, skill set & responsibilities
As a part of Scalable Capital, you
- have an individual conference and education budget.
- can take part in bi-weekly in-house tech talks.
- can take part in quarterly hackathons.
- have the equipment you need to be successful.
- get the empowerment to do, improve, fix, propose and change anything you see that has a potential for being better, product- and process-wise.
As a Product Owner, you have
- several years of experience in agile software projects (experience in the financial sector is advantageous but not necessary).
- excellent communication skills that are clear, concise, and targeted towards your audience - developer, stakeholder or executive.
- a great understanding of and focus on customer problems and needs.
- prior experience working with UX and a clear understanding of user-centered design.
- high level quality awareness.
- a hands-on mentality: from idea to UX to development/design, you can handle it.
- strong analytical thinking, leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data to drive decisions.
- high technical understanding of problems and their solutions.
- a great focus on solving problems and constantly improving our product.
- constant curiosity about the technology landscape for mobile and web solutions.
As a Product Owner, you will
- work alongside a highly motivated team of software engineers and academics implementing change in the financial industry.
- shape and define the future of our product.
- collect and analyse requirements of customers and stakeholders.
- use experimentation (eg., A/B testing, User Tests) to design effective new features and products.
- create, define and present new functionalities and change requests for our online and mobile platforms.
- analyse and process customer data (i.e. Google Analytics).
- own and prioritize the product backlog for our development teams.